Texas French Toast
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 slices bread
- Topping Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- You will also need: Texas shaped cookie cutter or a knife, mixing bowl, egg beater, measuring cup and spoon, pancake turner and skillet.
- Beat together all ingredients, except for bread in a shallow flat bottom dish.
- Heat griddle to 400°F. Dip bread one slice at a time in egg mixture and place on hot grill.
- Grill on one side about 2 minutes then turnover and cook other side.
- Serve with butter and powdered sugar or other topping of your choice.
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Fun Idea: Place red cinnamon candy on toast to mark your town.