Thai Red Curry Chicken
- 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium onions, cut diagonally
- 1 can, about 14 ounces full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar or Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 cups peeled and diagonally sliced carrots
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups quartered mushrooms
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced and seeds removed
- 1 cup cut in half cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 tablespoons fish sauce (can be replaced with soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- Good dash salt
- 1/3 cup basil leaves and or cilantro
- In a large sauté pan or wok combine garlic and oil. Heat on medium heat until garlic becomes lightly fragrant, but does not turn golden. Add chicken pieces and turn frequently to prevent browning.
- After about 5 minutes chicken will be cooked through, remove from pan and set aside.
- Place onions in pan and add a dash of oil. On high heat stir constantly for about 3-4 minutes. Add coconut milk, red curry paste, and brown sugar.
- Add carrots, broccoli, mushrooms and jalapeno. Bring to a very light simmer, cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken, tomatoes and bring to taste with fish sauce/soy sauce, ginger, and salt. Return to a light simmer. Add basil and or cilantro.
- Serve with cooked rice.