- 16 chocolate sandwich cookies with vanilla cream centers (such as Oreo® Cookies)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Peanut Butter Pie Filling
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup (to make the ganache shiny), optional
- 10 miniature chocolate peanut butter cups cut into quarters
- For Cookie Crust, crush cookies into fine crumbs. Stir in melted butter until crumbs look like wet sand. Press cookie crumbs into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Freeze until needed.
- For Peanut Butter Pie Filling, in a mixing bowl, beat heavy whipping cream for 20 seconds on low speed then increase mixer speed to high and beat cream until you achieve stiff peaks (whipped cream holds a peak when beaters are removed).
- In another large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and vanilla extract on low speed for about 1 minute until smooth and creamy.
- Sift powdered sugar over peanut butter mixture then stir until well blended.
- Beat on medium-high speed for about 30 seconds until light and creamy.
- Fold in whipped cream until combined.
- Set aside while making chocolate ganache.
- To make Chocolate Ganache, finely chop semisweet chocolate and place it in a small mixing bowl or glass measuring cup.
- Heat heavy whipping cream and light corn syrup (if using) in a small saucepan over medium heat just until bubbles begin to form.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate and let bowl rest for 3 minutes.
- Stir chocolate from center of bowl out towards edge until chocolate and cream come together.
- To assemble pie, remove pie crust from freezer.
- Spread 1/2 cup of peanut butter pie filling over crust. Drizzle about 1 1/2 tablespoons of chocolate ganache over top. Freeze pie for 5 minutes.
- Remove pie from freezer. Spread about 2/3 cup of peanut butter pie filling over crust. Drizzle with about 1 1/2 tablespoons of chocolate ganache. Repeat this process until you use all peanut butter pie filling.
- For top of pie you can drizzle chocolate ganache over top to create tiger stripes or you can pipe chocolate on using a squeeze bottle or pastry bag to give stripes a more realistic look.
- If needed, you can reheat chocolate ganache for 10 seconds in microwave to thin it out so you can drizzle it. Reserve any unused chocolate ganache to serve with your pie later.
- Arrange peanut butter cup pieces around edge of pie. Chill pie for at least 4 hours before serving.
Dixie Crystals Insight
You can swap out 1 1/2 cups of frozen whipped topping (that has been thawed) for the whipped heavy whipping cream. This will give your pie a slightly sweeter flavor.
Recipe created for Dixie Crystals by Beth Jackson Klosterboer @Hungry Happenings.