Tiramisu Layer Cake
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ounce espresso, cooled
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, cold
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- Ermine Frosting (omit cocoa powder)
- Sweetened cocoa powder, to dust
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Butter and flour two 9-inch cake pans. Place parchment rounds into bottom of each pan. Set aside.
- Into bowl of a stand mixer, with whisk attachment, add eggs and whisk on medium-high until light and thick. Approximately 6-8 min.
- Add sugar and continue whisking until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a spatula, gently fold flour mixture into egg mixture.
- Fold vanilla extract in.
- Equally divide mixture between prepared cake pans.
- Bake until golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 30-40 minutes. Start checking at 25 minutes.
- Immediately run a knife around edges of pan and invert cakes onto a cooling rack. Remove and discard parchment paper.
- While cakes are warm, using a silicon brush, brush espresso on top of both cakes. Allow cakes to cool completely.
- For filling use a bowl of stand mixer, with whisk attachment, add mascarpone and whisk until light.
- Slowly add powdered sugar, heavy cream, and amaretto. Whisk until thick and creamy.
- Transfer filling to a piping bag.
- To assemble, place one layer of cake onto serving plate.
- Pipe filling onto top of cake. Place second cake layer on top of filling.
- Transfer cake to refrigerator to set.
- When filling has set. Frost cake with Ermine Frosting.
- Dust with cocoa powder.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Filling can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Paula Jones @bellalimento.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments