To Your Health Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup old fashioned (not one minute) oats
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix flour, oatmeal, sugar, baking powder and raisins.
- In another bowl, blend milk, oil, egg and vanilla. Add to flour mixture and mix well.
- Divide into muffin cups and bake 20 minutes. These are wonderful served piping hot.
You can add other ingredients such as chopped up apples or other fruit.