Toasted Coconut Chocolate Icebox Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cookies and set aside.
- Scatter coconut flakes on a cookie sheet and toast until light golden, about 10 minutes. Toss coconut near end of toasting to obtain an even color. Set aside.
- In a cold bowl, whip whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla to medium firm peaks.
- Pour coconut milk in a bowl and whisk it for a few seconds to blend thoroughly.
- Dip a cookie for about 5-8 seconds in coconut milk and place it in a 9x9-inch pan. Continue dipping enough cookies to cover entire bottom of dish.
- Spread a 1/4-inch layer of whipped cream onto cookies and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Dip another set of cookies in coconut milk and create another layer in the dish. Cover with same amount of cream and coconut. Continue until all cookies, cream, and coconut is used.
- Place covered in a refrigerator overnight.