Toffee Brownie Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate toffee bits
- 2 cups chopped pecans
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, combine butter, baking chocolate, and chocolate chips. Melt over low heat, stirring constantly. Once completely combined, remove from heat and let cool.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer on high speed, beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla until combined. Slowly add flour mixture, mixing at low speed. Add melted chocolate and mix until well blended. Add in toffee bits and pecans by hand with a wooden spoon.
- Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheets leaving at least 1 inch for spreading.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.