- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or chocolate extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 oz chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate toffee pieces + 1 cup chopped chocolate toffee pieces
- Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream (optional)
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line 9X9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or foil with overlapping ends (this will make it easier to remove the brownies later).
- In a large bowl, combine diced butter, cocoa powder, and sugar.
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir mixture and microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Let chocolate mixture cool slightly.
- When chocolate mixture has cooled a bit, stir in vanilla and salt.
- Next, stir in eggs.
- Mix in flour until completely incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate syrup and 1/2 cup chopped chocolate toffee pieces.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- When done remove brownies from oven and sprinkle top of brownies with 1 cup chopped chocolate toffee pieces while brownies are hot.
- Cover tightly with foil and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Let brownies cool before cutting.