Toffee Pecan Sandies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 cup Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer) beat butter, powdered sugar, and brown sugar. Mix until butter has started to combine with sugar and becomes smooth in texture, about 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and kosher salt. Mix just until combined. Add 1 cup of flour and, with mixer on medium-low speed, mix until well combined.
- Add remaining cup of flour and mix at medium speed. The mixture will look like you added too much flour, but it will combine. Let it continue mixing until it starts to form a dough that starts sticking together and pulls from side of bowl, about 3-5 minutes.
- Mix in your pecans and toffee bits. Remove dough from bowl, divide it into 2 equal-sized pieces. Roll each piece of dough into an 8-inch-long log, about 2-inches wide.
- Wrap dough in cling wrap (or saran wrap) and let dough chill in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Take your cookies out of fridge, and slice each log into 14/15 slices.
- Place slices on your prepared baking sheet, leaving about 1/2 inch between cookies on baking sheet pan. These cookies won’t spread too much while baking, so don’t worry about leaving a large amount of space.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until sides of cookies start to brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool on sheet pan and serve plain or rolled in powdered sugar, as desired.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments