Toffee Pretzel Delights
- 56 or more pretzel crisps
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Coarse sea salt
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In medium-sized pot, combine sugar, butter and salt. Heat over medium high heat, stirring constantly until a nutty golden brown, or 285°F.
- Add vanilla and whisk vigorously.
- Working quickly and carefully, dip each pretzel crisp in half way, coating evenly. Place on wax paper and repeat until all pretzels or toffee is gone. If you have extra toffee, pour it onto extra parchment and set aside for a little snack.
- Once all pretzel crisps are dipped and cooled, warm up chocolate chips in a plastic bag in microwave in 15 second increments. Massage bag after every 15 seconds until chocolate is soft and smooth.
- Snip a small hole in corner of bag and drizzle chocolate over toffee pretzels and immediately sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Carrie Fields @fieldsofcake.
I haven't tried it yet but it sounds scrumptious! I wish you guys would make the printing bigger so it is easier to read when printed out. Thanks for sharing these wonderful recipes!