Triple Coconut Cheesecake
- 1 3/4 cups graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, soft at room temperature
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup, full fat coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened coconut, packed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Extra-Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut flakes, toasted
- 1/3 cup chopped chocolate bar or good quality chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons of your favorite oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make crust, crush enough graham crackers with a rolling pin to obtain 1 3/4 cups. Add melted butter and sugar. Combine well. Press onto bottom of a 9-inch diameter spring form pan.
- Place in oven for 8 minutes and let cool. Spread a thin film of vegetable oil on inside walls of pan. Then sprinkle a few tablespoons of granulated sugar onto oil film. If oil beads up, which can happen when pans have not been used much, apply oil and sugar as fast as possible. Oil and sugar application will ensure an easy removal from pan. Don’t worry about sugar crystals that fall on crust. These will melt away.
- Place springform pan on 3 layers of aluminum foil and wrap outside of pan tightly with foil. Ensure that no water could penetrate thru foil. Place in a roasting pan and set aside.
- Blend cream cheese and sugar on lowest speed, alternatively mix by using a handheld spatula until no lumps remain. Scrape bowl well.
- Add one egg at a time waiting for previously added egg to be fully incorporated and mixture shows no lumps before adding next. Scrape bowl and beater between additions.
- Before adding coconut milk, ensure that it contains no tiny lumps. If so, heat briefly and whisk smooth. Add coconut milk, vanilla, and sweetened coconut. Pour mixture into springform pan.
- Pour water into roasting pan about one inch high and place in oven.
- Bake until center of cake no longer trembles when tapping sides of pan, about 90 minutes, but it could take up to 2 hours depending on temperature of cheesecake batter.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for 30 minutes and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Run a sharp knife around edge of cheesecake to remove from pan. Place a sheet of plastic food wrap on surface of cake followed by a cutting board or platter.
- Flip cake upside down. Remove bottom of cake pan. If it is slightly sticking run a knife underneath to release it.
- Place a serving platter on cheesecake and flip cake once more upside down. Original baked surface will once again be facing upward.
- For topping whip cream, sugar, and vanilla until stiff in a cold bowl.
- Using a pastry tip pipe whipped cream on edge of cheesecake and fill center with cooled toasted coconut.
- Add oil to chocolate and melt in microwave or over double boiler and drizzle over coconut.