Triple Play Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffins
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) salted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line mini muffin tins with liners.
- In a medium saucepan, bring milk to a boil. Add oats and cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk the brown sugar, melted butter, egg and vanilla. Stir in oatmeal-peanut butter mixture. Add in flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups, about 2 teaspoons per mini liner. Sprinkle tops with Turbinado sugar. Bake for 8 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Remove from muffin tins and let cool on a wire cooling rack.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Bridget Edwards @Bakeat350.