Turkey Cheese Ball
Microwave Candied Pecans
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 14 pretzel sticks
- 1 candy corn
- 2 candy eyes
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips, melted
- Melt butter in a small glass bowl in the microwave. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir in pecans until they are well-coated. Microwave for 2 additional minutes on high, stirring every minute. Spread cooked nuts out onto parchment to cool.
- In a stand mixer, beat cream cheese, goat cheese and honey until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Fold in dried cranberries.
- Shape mixture into a ball. Roll ball in chopped nuts. Refrigerate covered until ready to serve.
- Attach candy corn and candy eyes to one pretzel stick with melted chocolate to create a face. This is easiest if chocolate is in a piping bag. Place on parchment paper and let cool completely until chocolate is hardened.
- Before serving, press remaining pretzel sticks into back of cheeseball to create tail feathers. Then insert decorated face pretzel stick into front. Serve with crackers or more pretzels.