Turtle Cookie Cups
- 1 cup unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Baking spray or butter to butter muffin tin
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips + extra for topping
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces caramel sauce
- 24 pecan halves
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter until very light and creamy. Add sugar and continue mixing until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla, and salt. Beat until well combined.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar together.
- Add flour mixture all at once to butter mixture. Mix until dough forms - but do not overmix.
- Wrap dough tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spray a regular sized muffin tin with butter spray.
- Take 1 1/2 tablespoon of chilled dough and roll into ball. Use thumbs to press ball into a bowl shape. Press cookie dough bowl into muffin pan.
- Continue until muffin pan is full.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Use back of spoon to make a well in dough, press dough back into a cup/bowl shape.
- Let cookie cups cool completely on wire rack before removing cookies from muffin tin.
- Pour chocolate chips into medium bowl
- Heat cream in small saucepan until boiling, stirring to prevent scorching.
- Pour over chocolate chips and leave undisturbed for 2 minutes. Stir chocolate and cream until combined and smooth.
- Let chocolate ganache cool slightly and spoon evenly into cookie cups.
- Add 1 teaspoon chopped pecans to each cookie cup, top each with 1 teaspoon caramel sauce, extra mini chocolate chips and 1 pecan half.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes before enjoying.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.