Twix® Frankenstein Cookies
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, soft
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup well packed Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 30 mini Twix®
- 1 cup white candy coating
- Few drops green food color, jell type
- 60 candy eyes
- 1 black icing in a tube
- Green candy pearls (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Sift together flour and baking soda twice and set aside.
- In a large bowl on medium speed mix butter until creamy, add all spices and mix well. Add brown sugar and mix for 5 more minutes. Add salt, then add egg and combine well, scrape the bowl.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Place dough in refrigerator preferably overnight or at least 2 hours to chill.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface (parchment paper is great) 1/8 inch thick and cut using a gingerbread cookie cutter.
- Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheets and place in oven.
- The cookies will slowly rise and then collapse. Once they have collapsed they are close to being done.
- Allow to cool. If they are not crisp enough when cool, return to oven for a few more minutes.
- Unwrap the candy and set aside along with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Melt candy coating and add a few drops of green food color.
- Hold candy at the end where the “hair” will go and dip into the candy coating. Shake off excess and place on parchment sheet.
- Place the eyes on face while coating is still wet. Using tweezers may be helpful.
- Fill a small piping bag with black icing and cut a tiny hole to apply eye brows and mouth.
- Cut the hole a bit larger and apply the hair.
- When all heads are completed, melt a few tablespoons of candy coating. Drop some candy coating on the back of head and stick to gingerbread.
- If using candy pearls for buttons, stick these onto the cookie by picking up pearls with tweezers and dipping them into melted candy coating. Stick onto cookie. Otherwise, make buttons with black icing.
- Pipe boots on cookies with black icing.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments