Vanilla Mug Cake
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour*
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon jimmies
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Spray a large mug (10 oz or larger) with nonstick baking spray. Use a paper towel to wipe out any excess.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Add milk, oil, and vanilla extract and stir just until combined. Stir in sprinkles gently.
- Pour batter into a large mug and microwave 1 1/2 – 2 minutes. Let rest in microwave 1 minute before removing.
- Let cool. Top with frosting or ice cream, if desired.
Dixie Crystals Insight
- All microwaves are different, so you will have to adjust baking times according to your oven. Start with 90 seconds, wait 1 minutes and see if it is set. (It should be set but not shiny). Add 15-30 seconds, if needed. Let rest another minute in microwave.
- Mug cakes finish cooking as they cool, so stop cooking it a little earlier than you think.
- Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jocelyn Brubaker @InsideBruCrewLife.