Vintage Pecan Icebox Cookies
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In mixer, cream together butter and sugars.
- Add egg and mix well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda.
- With mixer on low, slowly add flour mixture to batter. Mix until just combined.
- Mix in pecans.
- Transfer dough to a flat surface and roll into a long log.
- Wrap in parchment paper or plastic wrap and place in fridge overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice cookies 1/4 inch thick and bake on un-greased cookie sheet or a baking mat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.