- 6 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- 2 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a small sauce pan, bring 1/2 cup water and 1 cup sugar to a simmer, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat. Set aside and let cool.
- Place watermelon in a blender or food processor, puree until smooth.
- Combine remaining water, sugar mixture, pureed watermelon and lemon juice together.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring before serving. Serve over ice with a watermelon slice for garnish.
- Add a splash of vodka or gin for an alcoholic version of this recipe.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments