Watermelon Running Chews
- Pour fresh watermelon into a blender and puree until liquid consistency.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, heat fruit, sugar, and lemon juice until sugar has dissolved.
- Pour in gelatin slowly, whisking to incorporate. Continue to whisk until gelatin is completely dissolved into fruit mixture.
- Pour mixture into a glass, Pyrex, or silicon pan, and put into the refrigerator for at least one hour. Chews should start to set after an hour in the fridge.
- Once set, cut into individual pieces and store in an airtight container.
- NOTE: If using a glass container, lining with parchment paper will help the mixture release easily.
Recipe created by Kimberly Stroh at FitDisneyMom.com. This recipe was the 3rd runner up in the 2016 Sweet ‘n Southern Desserts Recipe Contest at the Blog Life University Conference.