- 4 cups watermelon puree
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Red food color, few drops (optional)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Mix watermelon chunks in a blender or food processor to obtain 4 cups. If you have a large ice cream maker you can increase recipe. For every cup of watermelon puree use 1/4 cup sugar.
- Add sugar to puree and set aside for at least 15 minutes for sugar to properly dissolve.
- Place into an ice bath to chill watermelon mixture as cold as possible. Add whipping cream.
- Churn according to ice cream maker directions.
Dixie Crystals Insight
One of the secrets to wonderful ice cream, gelato, or sorbet is quick churning. Professional Italian gelato machines will churn within a few minutes. The quicker a mixture goes from liquid to solid, the smaller the ice crystals are and the smoother the product. Therefore, help out your ice cream maker by properly chilling mixture before you churn. This will reduce churning time and give you a more professional and delectable outcome.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments