White Chocolate CranApple Cookies
- 2 1/2 -3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg, unbeaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Cranberry Applesauce
- 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 3-4 apples, peeled, cored, chopped small
- 12 ounces cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Prepare Cranberry Applesauce: In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring ingredients to a boil, lower heat to simmer and cover. Cook 20-30 minutes, or until apples can be easily mashed.
- Remove from heat. Using a potato masher, mash apples and cranberries until they are the consistency of jam. Allow to cool while you bake cookies.
- Prepare Cookies: Preheat oven to 350°F. Prep cookie sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, butter, sugar, egg, and milk in a medium-sized mixing bowl; mix only until slightly moistened. Fold cranberry applesauce mixture into batter, being careful not to overmix.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface (add more flour if dough is too sticky). Roll dough into a rectangle about 1 1/2-inch thick. Use a biscuit cutter and cut circles into dough. Place cookies spaced 2-inches apart onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe dish, heat white chocolate morsels with vegetable oil stirring after each 20 seconds interval.
- Dip each cookie into white chocolate, lightly tapping excess and place onto a wire cooling rack. While chocolate is still wet, sprinkle dried cranberries on top. Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Aimee Broussard @AimeeBroussard.com.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments