White Chocolate Mousse
- For every glass, cut 2 raspberries in half and press on bottom of glass. Set aside.
- Chop chocolate in chip-size pieces and place in a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients. Set aside.
- Bring milk and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan and remove from heat. Pour into chocolate bowl and whisk to smooth mixture. Set aside.
- Whip cream to a soft pillowy consistency. Absolutely do not whip to firm peaks as you would for decorating a pie.
- Check temperature of chocolate mixture; it should be around 100°F. (If too hot wait for it to cool. If too cold slightly reheat mixture.)
- Add whipped cream and gently fold together.
- Spoon mousse into glasses and place in refrigerator.
- For decoration line back side of a jelly roll pan or large cookie sheet that can fit in a refrigerator with plastic food film. Pull on plastic to remove wrinkles.
- Chop remaining chocolate in chip-size pieces and place in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat in 10-second increments just until chocolate is nearly melted. Stir out any lumps and thinly spread melted chocolate onto plastic food-film pan.
- Place in refrigerator until set, about 45 minutes.
- Decorate mousse with uneven broken white chocolate pieces and additional raspberries.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Dixie Crystals Insight
This recipe was developed using a Lindt Classic Recipe White Chocolate bar.