White Chocolate Pistachio Tarts
- Refrigerated pie dough or Pure Butter Pie Crust
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pistachios, roasted and salted
- Dark chocolate, as desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake crust in small tart molds until golden brown, about 18-22 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While tart crusts are baking, prepare filling. Bring sugar, cream, salt and cardamom to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in white chocolate chips and vanilla until smooth. Fold in pistachios.
- Pour pistachio ganache into cooled tart shells. Top with whole roasted pistachios and filigree of melted dark chocolate. Allow to set until firm. Chill any leftover tarts.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.