Whole Wheat Rosemary & Olive Oil Crackers
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary (or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary), divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Line a sheet pan with a silicone liner, or spread a light coating of flour on sheet pan.
- In a large bowl, combine wheat flour, all-purpose flour, half of the rosemary, sugar and one teaspoon of salt and stir to mix. Add the water and olive oil and mix with a wooden spoon until the mixture comes together. If mixture seems dry, add an additional tablespoon of water. Use your hands to bring dough together and lightly knead the dough into a ball.
- Shape dough into a thick rectangle and then roll the dough out into a rectangle, about 1/8-inch thick. Brush a light layer of additional olive oil onto the dough and sprinkle with the remaining salt and rosemary. Use a pastry cutter, knife or pizza cutter to cut 1-inch squares.
- Transfer cut cracker squares to prepared sheet pan. Prick each cracker a few times with a fork. Bake at 450 degrees for 15-18 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Cassie Laemmli @Bake Your Day.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments