- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- One 12-ounce bag chocolate chips, 42-50% cocoa
- 4 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces or pecan pieces
- Candy corn pieces for hat
- Twizzlers ® for hair
- Black icing
- Candy eyes
- Halloween color sprinkles
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Brush melted butter on the sides of an 11X7-inch cake pan and line sides and bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda and set aside.
- Cut butter in cubes and place in a bowl along with chocolate. Melt in a bowl placed over barely simmering water while constantly stirring. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs until well blended. Add sugar and whisk vigorously for 1 minute until well combined. Add melted chocolate along with salt and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Add flour mixture and stir to combine. Add nuts.
- Spread batter into an 11X8-inch rectangular cake pan.
- Place in oven and bake until center of brownies feels slightly firm when pressed with a finger, about 35-40 minutes.
- After 20 minutes sitting at room temperature place in the freezer to make it possible for a precise cutting. Brownies can be in freezer for 2 hours or over a week when properly wrapped.
- Cut brownies using a sharp knife in triangles with 1 1/2-inch base and 2 1/2-inch length.
- Pipe a small amount of black icing on tip of brownie and place a candy corn on it to create a hat.
- Cut Twizzlers® candy in thin strips to create hair and stick onto brownie. Use some black icing to create additional hair.
- Stick eyes on brownie using a tiny amount of black icing. Using Halloween sprinkles, create and stick on nose, mouth, and eyebrows onto brownie.