Worm & Dirt Pudding Parfaits
- 15 ounce package chocolate sandwich cookies
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounce) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup whipped cream (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Gummy worms for decoration
- Place the sandwich cookies in a food processor and process until they resemble sand. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the milk and vanilla pudding mix until combined Set aside for about 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Meanwhile, mix the cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer until combined. Add the cream cheese/sugar mixture to the vanilla pudding, and then fold in the whipped cream and vanilla extract. Stir well to combine.
- Place a small layer of the chocolate cookie crumbs on the bottom of the parfait glass. On top, add a generous layer of the pudding/cream cheese mixture. Add another layer of chocolate cookies, another layer of pudding, and then a final layer of cookie crumbs. Top the cookie crumbs with the gummy worms. Repeat with the remaining ingredients in separate parfait dishes.
- If you do not have small individual dishes, make one large trifle by using a round, deep trifle dish (approx. 8-9 inches round by 4-5 inches deep. Start with a layer of the chocolate cookies, and alternate with the pudding, ending with chocolate cookie crumbs, and top with the gummy worms.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Cassie Laemmli @Bake Your Day.