- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 3 eggs, graded large
- 1 cup tasteless vegetable oil
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups coarsely grated, packed zucchini, about 1 pound (leave skins on and do not peel)
- 1 cup coarsely broken walnuts
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Adjust rack to middle of oven. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat two loaf pans 9 x 5 x 3 inch with vegetable cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- Sift dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs with oil, sugars and vanilla until blended. Gradually add dry ingredients. The mixture will be quite thick.
- Stir in grated zucchini (do not drain off any of accumulated liquid) and nuts.
- Divide batter between two prepared loaf pans and bake in oven for 60-70 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let rest in pans for 5 minutes; then turn out and cool on racks.
Dixie Crystals Insight
296 calories per serving
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments