Zucchini Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, in its solid state
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine coconut oil and brown sugar together medium speed until well mixed and no lumps of coconut oil remain, stirring as necessary. Mixture will seem dry.
- Add in egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the zucchini until combined. Mixture might look curdled, this is fine.
- Turn mixer to low and add flour, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in oats, coconut, and chocolate chips until evenly incorporated.
- Using a medium (2 tablespoon) cookie scoop drop dough onto prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until tops appear set and edges are golden brown.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze in an airtight container for up to 30 days.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.