Heart Shaped Sugar Bath Fizzies
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 5 drops red, blue and yellow food coloring (more for deeper colors)
- Witch Hazel in a squirt bottle
- Heart shaped silicone mold
- Fragrance/Essential oil of choice (optional)
- Mix citric acid, baking soda, and sugar in a glass bowl. Using your hands, break apart any clumps so that the mixture is smooth.
- Add food coloring and any fragrance or essential oil that you would like very slowly. Mixture will fizz a bit when the liquid is added. Just fold the color or fragrance into the rest of the mixture with your hands. Mix it up so that it’s evenly dispersed but don’t worry about the color being completely uniform as it will blend well when you add the witch hazel in the next step.
- Fill your spray bottle with witch hazel (a natural astringent). Spray the mixture lightly and slowly while mixing together with your other hand. Keep spraying until you can pack the mixture together with your hands like damp sand. You don’t want to spray too much witch hazel at one time or the mixture will begin the fizzing process.
- Quickly pack mixture into the molds. The harder you pack the mixture into the mold, the better the bath fizzie will hold up. Let them dry for about an hour in the mold then tap the heart shaped bath fizzies out and let them stand (several hours depending on the mold size) until they completely harden.
- Package in cellophane wrap or cute, plastic baggies and tie with ribbon. When ready to use, just drop the bath fizzie into the bath water and enjoy!