Homemade Brown Sugar Soap
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 2 teaspoons of your favorite essential oil (peppermint, lavender, vanilla, etc.)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2 cups opaque glycerin melt-and-pour soap
- Cut and melt-and-pour soap into cubes and place in a double boiler.
- Cover with lid.
- When soap is melted, remove from heat and mix in brown sugar and vitamin E oil.
- Pour mixture into a glass measuring cup and stir in the essential oil.
- Pour into soap, filling to top of mold. If bubbles appear on top of soap, gently spritz with alcohol to pop them.
- Let sit undisturbed for at least four hours.
- Please note that glycerin is a humectant, which means it attracts moisture. In humid environments this moisture can form water droplets, and over time, will develop a film. The film can be removed with water, but to prevent it from occurring, tightly wrap glycerin soaps in plastic film wrap to prevent moisture from getting in.
If you plan to give homemade soap as a gift you could:
- Wrap individual bars in ribbon.
- Place inside a cellophane gift bag with some shredded colored paper and tie bag with a matching ribbon.
- Create and add a custom label or tag.
- Present with a unique or antique soap dish.