Homemade Brown Sugar Soap Recipe
- Cut the melt-and-pour soap into cubes and place in a double boiler.
- Cover with lid.
- When soap is melted, remove from heat and mix in brown sugar and vitamin E oil.
- Pour mixture into a glass measuring cup and stir in essential oil.
- Pour into molds, filling to top. If bubbles appear on top of soap, gently spritz with alcohol to pop them.
- Let sit undisturbed for at least four hours.
- Please note that glycerin is a humectant, which means it attracts moisture. In humid environments this moisture can form water droplets, and over time, will develop a film. The film can be removed with water, but to prevent it from occurring, tightly wrap glycerin soaps in plastic film wrap to prevent moisture from getting in.
Here are some ideas for how to present your homemade soap gift:
- Wrap individual bars in a decorate ribbon or raffia.
- Place inside a clear cellophane gift bag with shredded colored paper and tie with a matching ribbon.
- Create and add a custom label or tag.
- Present in an antique soap dish.