Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 pound chocolate bar, (milk or semi sweet) chopped into chunks
- Flaked sea salt, optional
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine melted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract and beat for 1 minute. Add the eggs and beat until well combined.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour until smooth. Fold in chocolate chunks by hand.
- Using a large cookie scoop, drop large balls of dough (about 3 tablespoons worth of dough) onto prepared baking sheets. Leave about 2 1/2 inches between dough balls for spreading.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges. Tops of cookies might seem under cooked. Make sure to not over-bake!
- If desired, sprinkle the tops of cookies with flaked sea salt as soon as you remove them from the oven.
- Cool cookies for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Serve them warm with a glass of milk.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.