Spiced Candied Pecans
- 3 cups lightly packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- Dash red pepper
- 3 cups pecan halves, toasted
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan fitted with a candy thermometer, combine sugar, sour cream and salt. Heat mixture over medium heat to 240 degrees, stirring often.
- Immediately remove the pan from heat and stir in the vanilla, spices, and pecans. Stir constantly and quickly, until mixture becomes dull and grainy, or until the mixture can no longer be stirred, about 5 minutes.
- Spread pecans onto lined cookie sheet in a single layer. When cool enough to handle, separate nuts. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Bridget Edwards @Bakeat350.