White Chocolate Strawberry Tart
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, soft
- 2/3 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
White Chocolate Filling
- 2 white chocolate bars each weighing at least 4 ounces each (such as Lindt or Ghirardelli)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 (16 oz) container strawberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1/3 cup strawberry fruit spread or jam
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- For crust, mix butter and powdered sugar until well blended. Add egg and mix until well combined. Add salt and vanilla.
- Add flour in one step and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Press dough evenly flat onto a sheet of plastic food film. Place dough in refrigerator or freezer for at least 30 minutes or until well chilled.
- Meanwhile chop chocolate into pea size pieces and place in a bowl large enough to hold heavy cream.
- Bring heavy cream and sugar to a full boil and remove from heat. Pour onto chocolate and whisk until very smooth. Add vanilla and place bowl in refrigerator.
- Chill work surface area that you will be rolling dough on by placing one or 2 cookie sheets filled with ice cubes on area.
- Set aside a nine-inch tart pan and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sprinkle chilled area lightly with flour and roll in a circle and just large enough to cover pan.
- Place dough into tart pan and press dough well into sides.
- Prick bottoms and place in oven. After about 5 minutes baking check tart. If bubbles are developing prick these with a fork or tip of a paring knife. Bake until golden and light brown on edges. About 12-14 minutes total.
- Set aside to cool.
- Once chocolate mixture is as cold as any other product stored in refrigerator it can be whipped. It will whip quickly and can be done using a sturdy hand whisk or in a cold machine bowl.
- Whip to medium peaks. Once it holds shape stop whipping as overwhipping will make it curdle.
- Spread filling into cold tart shell.
- Decorate with sliced strawberries and raspberries.
- Mix strawberry fruit spread or jam using a stick or standard blender until smooth.
- Brush cut fruit sides.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Note: Select chocolate in bar shape as most white chocolate chips are not real chocolate.